10/11/2010 by Gary Katzer
Copyright:© 2010 Horizon Hobby, Inc.
Folks have been clambering for one and it’s finally here. What are we talking about? The Losi XXX-SCT! That’s right—Losi has taken their multi-National- Championship-winning platform and infused it with a healthy dose of short course DNA to make what could be the most capable SCT out of the box. From its low-CG design, hard-coated shocks, captured ball links, proven XXX-suspension and transmission and more, this is one truck to be reckoned with.
Our own Gary Katzer recently sat down with the lead man behind this envisioning of a XXX-based short course truck, Losi’s Keith Whisler. Keith has vast expertise in the world of off-road short course trucks and provides us with a great look under the hood at what was done to make this truck a reality. Keith also shares some of the intricate details behind some of the really subtle refinements that are sure to make this truck a pure winner.
• ROAR Legal XXX-T Based Platform
• LiPo compatible, water-resistant ESC
• LM-32K performance motor
• Spektrum SR300 receiver with 2.4GHz DSM technology
• 3-gear transmission with sealable differential with adjustable slipper clutch
• Short course style tire with Losi exclusive Eclipse tread pattern
• Chrome, off-road beadlock-style wheels
• Fully detailed Sean Geiser ReadyLift SCT Body
Copyright © 2005-2013 Horizon Hobby, Inc