JR/DSM 12X Charger Notice
The 12X charger output is DC 12.0V, with 250mA as the average charge rate. The 12X charger is not a peak detect charger, but is integrated with a 12-hour timer. When the charging begins, the LED will blink with a slow flash to indicate it is charging. After 12 hours, this timer will shut off the charger to prevent overcharging, and the light will go solid green. The solid green light is not an indication of completion of charge—only the battery voltage should be used as a measure of the charge completion. If an error occurs while charging, the LED will flash rapidly. In this case, it will be necessary to unplug the charger completely from the battery and wall outlet to reset the charger. The 12X battery contains a heat detector. If the detector senses excessive heat, it will shut off the charger and show an error on the charger LED. The charger also will detect excessive voltage or current, and in this event, the charger will terminate the charge and the LED will indicate an error.
To charge the 12X battery follow the steps below:
1. Plug the charger power supply into the charger.
2. Plug the charger into the 12X battery.
3. Plug the charger power supply into the wall outlet.
Note: The charger is plugged into the battery first, then into the wall outlet to prevent a static short, which could possibly damage the battery circuit.
4. Charge the battery for 8 to 10 hours for the initial charge.
5. Monitor the temperature of the battery during charging. Do not leave the battery unattended during charging. The battery should be warm to the touch when charged, but it should never get hot to the touch. If the battery gets hot, remove it from the charger immediately and let it cool.
Note: If the charger is left on for more than 12 hours and has shut off and the light is solid green, the battery pack will cool. The temperature of the pack and the solid light on the charger should not be used as an indication of the charge status of the battery.
6. After charging, check the voltage of the battery pack by turning the system on. The voltage should be just over 11 volts (11.4 volts approximately, however, this will vary).
7. Note that during the first use of the battery, the voltage may drop to below 10 volts quickly after the initial charge. The battery pack will require a couple of charge and discharge cycles to optimize its performance.
8. When the battery voltage drops below 9.6 volts, recharge the battery monitoring the temperature of the battery during charge. Charge the battery until it once again reaches just over 11 volts. Use care to not overcharge the battery.
9. When the charger first begins charging, the charge rate begins at around 270mA and will decrease to around 180mA when the battery voltage reaches around 11 volts. Normal charge time for a fully discharged battery is between 8 and 10 hours, with a maximum of 12 hours. If the battery is not completely discharged when connected to the charger, the necessary charge time will be decreased.
10. If the transmitter is turned on while charging, the charger may detect a charge error and will need to be disconnected and reset.
11. The battery voltage does not affect the output of the system as the output is regulated internally.
12. If the transmitter battery alarm goes off during flight, land immediately and recharge the battery before flying again.
13. The latest generation of Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) batteries, including the 12X 2000mAh battery, incorporate a new chemistry mandated to be more environmentally friendly. These batteries, when charged with peak detection fast chargers, have tendencies to repeatedly false peak (not fully charge). When charging with a peak detection charger, be especially cautious and absolutely sure that the battery is fully charged. It is recommended to use a charger that can display the total charge current. Note the number of mAh put into a discharged pack to verify it has been charged to capacity.
1 Authorized Warranty Period (Three Year)
What this Warranty Covers:
Horizon Hobby, Inc., (Horizon) warrants to the original purchaser that the product purchased (the "Product") will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 3 years from the date of purchase.
3 Authorized Limited Warranty & Liability JRP, JSP
What is Not Covered
This warranty is not transferable and does not cover (i) cosmetic damage, (ii) damage due to acts of God, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence, commercial use, or due to improper use, installation, operation or maintenance, (iii) modification of or to any part of the Product, (iv) attempted service by anyone other than a Horizon Hobby authorized service center, (v) Product not purchased from an authorized Horizon dealer or (vi) Product not compliant with applicable technical regulations.
OTHER THAN THE EXPRESS WARRANTY ABOVE, HORIZON MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE PURCHASER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEY ALONE HAVE DETERMINED THAT THE PRODUCT WILL SUITABLY MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE PURCHASERS INTENDED USE.
Horizons sole obligation and purchasers sole and exclusive remedy shall be that Horizon will, at its option, either (i) service, or (ii) replace, any Product determined by Horizon to be defective. Horizon reserves the right to inspect any and all Product(s) involved in a warranty claim. Service or replacement decisions are at the sole discretion of Horizon. Proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims. SERVICE OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE PURCHASERS SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
Limitation of Liability
HORIZON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR PRODUCTION OR COMMERCIAL LOSS IN ANY WAY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF HORIZON HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Further, in no event shall the liability of Horizon exceed the individual price of the Product on which liability is asserted. As Horizon has no control over use, setup, final assembly, modification or misuse, no liability shall be assumed nor accepted for any resulting damage or injury. By the act of use, setup or assembly, the user accepts all resulting liability. If you as the purchaser or user are not prepared to accept the liability associated with the use of the Product, purchaser is advised to return the Product immediately in new and unused condition to the place of purchase.
These terms are governed by Illinois law (without regard to conflict of law principals). This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Horizon reserves the right to change or modify this warranty at any time without notice.
Questions, Assistance, and Services
Your local hobby store and/or place of purchase cannot provide warranty support or service. Once assembly, setup or use of the Product has been started, you must contact your local distributor or Horizon directly. This will enable Horizon to better answer your questions and service you in the event that you may need any assistance. For questions or assistance, please visit our website at www.horizonhobby.com, submit a Product Support Inquiry, or call 877.504.0233 toll free to speak to a Product Support representative.
Inspection or Services
If this Product needs to be inspected or serviced and is compliant in the country you live and use the Product in, please use the Horizon Online Service Request submission process found on our website or call Horizon to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Pack the Product securely using a shipping carton. Please note that original boxes may be included, but are not designed to withstand the rigors of shipping without additional protection. Ship via a carrier that provides tracking and insurance for lost or damaged parcels, as Horizon is not responsible for merchandise until it arrives and is accepted at our facility. An Online Service Request is available at http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/_service-center_render-service-center. If you do not have internet access, please contact Horizon Product Support to obtain a RMA number along with instructions for submitting your product for service. When calling Horizon, you will be asked to provide your complete name, street address, email address and phone number where you can be reached during business hours. When sending product into Horizon, please include your RMA number, a list of the included items, and a brief summary of the problem. A copy of your original sales receipt must be included for warranty consideration. Be sure your name, address, and RMA number are clearly written on the outside of the shipping carton.
NOTICE: Do not ship LiPo batteries to Horizon. If you have any issue with a LiPo battery, please contact the appropriate Horizon Product Support office.
For Warranty consideration, you must include your original sales receipt verifying the proof-of-purchase date. Provided warranty conditions have been met, your Product will be serviced or replaced free of charge. Service or replacement decisions are at the sole discretion of Horizon.
Should your service not be covered by warranty, service will be completed and payment will be required without notification or estimate of the expense unless the expense exceeds 50% of the retail purchase cost. By submitting the item for service you are agreeing to payment of the service without notification. Service estimates are available upon request. You must include this request with your item submitted for service. Non-warranty service estimates will be billed a minimum of ½ hour of labor. In addition you will be billed for return freight. Horizon accepts money orders and cashier’s checks, as well as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards. By submitting any item to Horizon for service, you are agreeing to Horizons Terms and Conditions found on our website http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/_service-center_render-service-center.
ATTENTION: The sale, warranty and service of JR products distributed by Horizon is limited to the geographic regions of North America, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean. JR products distributed by Horizon cannot be purchased in other regions and may not be compliant with applicable regulations. If non-compliant product is received by Horizon for service, it will not be serviced. Further, the sender will be responsible for arranging return shipment of the un-serviced Product, through a carrier of the sender’s choice and at the sender’s expense. Horizon will hold non-compliant Product for a period of 60 days from notification, after which it will be discarded.
Electronics and engines requiring inspection or repair should be shipped to the following address:
Horizon Service Center
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, Illinois 61822
All other Products requiring warranty inspection or repair should be shipped to the following address:
Horizon Product Support
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, Illinois 61822
Please call 877-504-0233 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding this product or warranty.